I absolutely love pink…it just makes me smile. And my kids love pancakes. So for Mother’s Day brunch I decided to create a pink pancake recipe that everyone would enjoy. The best part…they helped me make it and kids in the kitchen is the best Mother’s Day gift I could ask for. Here is the recipe in case you want to try it too.
1 and ¼ cup milk (any milk is fine…buttermilk, cow’s milk, coconut milk, almond milk….etc.)
1 cup frozen strawberries or raspberries
2 eggs (or 4 egg whites)
1/4 cup grapeseed or canola oil
¼ cup chia seeds
¾ cup unbleached white flour
1 and ¼ cup whole wheat flour
2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1) In a mixer of your choice (Vitamix, Blentec, Ninja, etc.) blend together 1.25 cups milk of your choice (I like to use coconut milk), 1 cup frozen berries, ¼ cup hemp hearts, ¼ cup oil, and 2 eggs (or 4 egg whites). Set this aside
- 2) In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients (flours, baking powder, and chia seeds) together.
- 3) Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix together…but don’t overmix.
- 4) Cook pancakes on a frying pan of your choice. I prefer an electric one as I find they are less likely to stick or burn.
- 5) Serve with your choice of yogurt and fruit for a delicious and nutritious meal for mom!
Until next time….stay healthy!