I absolutely love pink…it just makes me smile. And my kids love pancakes. So for Mother’s Day brunch I decided to create a pink pancake recipe that everyone would enjoy. The best part…they helped me make it and kids in the kitchen is the best Mother’s Day gift I could ask for. Here is the recipe in case you want to try it too.
1 and ¼ cup milk (any milk is fine…buttermilk, cow’s milk, coconut milk, almond milk….etc.)
1 cup frozen strawberries or raspberries
2 eggs (or 4 egg whites)
1/4 cup grapeseed or canola oil
¼ cup Manitoba Harvest hemp hearts
¼ cup chia seeds
¾ cup unbleached white flour
1 and ¼ cup whole wheat flour
2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1) In a mixer of your choice (Vitamix, Blentec, Ninja, etc.) blend together 1.25 cups milk of your choice (I like to use coconut milk), 1 cup frozen berries, ¼ cup hemp hearts, ¼ cup oil, and 2 eggs (or 4 egg whites). Set this aside
- 2) In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients (flours, baking powder, and chia seeds) together.
- 3) Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix together…but don’t overmix.
- 4) Cook pancakes on a frying pan of your choice. I prefer an electric one as I find they are less likely to stick or burn.
- 5) Serve with your choice of yogurt and fruit for a delicious and nutritious meal for mom!
Until next time….stay healthy!
Looking for a breakfast or snack food packed with quality protein and omega 3 fatty acids? Look no further! These muffins are packed with nutrition and flavour AND have no added sugar!!! You can also “dress them up” as I have in the picture above. This mini version of the muffin is topped with Yoso Chocolate Coconut Milk Yogurt and a raspberry. You could also use Greek yogurt and/or any other fruit you and your little ones enjoy!
1 cup oats (ideally steel cut quick cooking oats)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup unbleached white flour
¼ cup Manitoba Harvest hemp hearts or Baby Brain Organics
¼ cup chia seeds
½ Tbsp. baking powder
½ Tbsp. ground cinnamon
1 cup bananas (about 3 large bananas)
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce (or alternate fruit puree)
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 cup Greek yogurt
½ Tbsp. vanilla
- Mix dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Mash bananas and beat eggs then add these together along with applesauce, oil, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Add the dry and wet mixture together and stir until moistened, but do not over-stir.
- Spoon into muffin pan and bake at 375 degrees F for 14-17 minutes for mini muffins and 22-28 minutes for “regular” size muffins.
Makes 18 regular size muffins or 36 mini muffins.
Feel free to add dried fruit or nuts for added nutrition and flavor too!
Until next time…stay healthy!