This hearty breakfast is perfect for a busy weekday morning or a relaxing weekend. Either way you can prep it the night before and just pop it in the oven when you wake up. L
6-8 cups of diced pumpernickel bread
2 cups coconut milk
3 cups cartoned egg whites
2 Tbsp. Maple syrup
1 Tbsp. Vanilla extract
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
1. Place bread cubes into a large glass Pyrex.
2. Beat together coconut milk, egg whites, vanilla, maple syrup, and cinnamon. Then pour it over the bread pieces.
3. Cover pan with foil and place in the fridge for 4-24 hours.
4. When ready, bake at 350 F for about 45 minutes or until all the liquid has cooked through.
Serve with your favourite yogurt and fruit and a sprinkle of hemp hearts or blend with a smoothie such as the one pictured here which has coconut milk, frozen blueberries, spinach, banana, and hemp hearts 💜
Until next time…stay healthy!
I absolutely love pink…it just makes me smile. And my kids love pancakes. So for Mother’s Day brunch I decided to create a pink pancake recipe that everyone would enjoy. The best part…they helped me make it and kids in the kitchen is the best Mother’s Day gift I could ask for. Here is the recipe in case you want to try it too.
1 and ¼ cup milk (any milk is fine…buttermilk, cow’s milk, coconut milk, almond milk….etc.)
1 cup frozen strawberries or raspberries
2 eggs (or 4 egg whites)
1/4 cup grapeseed or canola oil
¼ cup Manitoba Harvest hemp hearts
¼ cup chia seeds
¾ cup unbleached white flour
1 and ¼ cup whole wheat flour
2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1) In a mixer of your choice (Vitamix, Blentec, Ninja, etc.) blend together 1.25 cups milk of your choice (I like to use coconut milk), 1 cup frozen berries, ¼ cup hemp hearts, ¼ cup oil, and 2 eggs (or 4 egg whites). Set this aside
- 2) In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients (flours, baking powder, and chia seeds) together.
- 3) Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix together…but don’t overmix.
- 4) Cook pancakes on a frying pan of your choice. I prefer an electric one as I find they are less likely to stick or burn.
- 5) Serve with your choice of yogurt and fruit for a delicious and nutritious meal for mom!
Until next time….stay healthy!