I have a ton of muffin recipes and I will share them over time. Today I wanted to share the this simple recipe for quick and easy muffins. They are healthy but still super tasty. My kids LOVE them!!!
They are great as “normal” size but also perfect to make as mini muffins for a “few bite snack”. You can serve them “as is” or top them with coconut oil, almond butter, peanut butter, hemp hearts, chia seeds, fruit, cheese, etc. I hope your family likes them as much as we do!
1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup Baby Brain Organics (or additional 1/4 cup whole wheat flour if you do not have baby brain organics)
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup mashed bananas (usually about 3 medium or 4 small)
1 egg (or 1 Tbsp. ground flax seed mixed with 3 Tbsp. water and left for 15 minutes to set)
2 Tbsp. organic granulated sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp. vanilla
Optional: raisins, dried blueberries, dried cranberries, etc.
- Mix together mashed bananas, egg, applesauce, vanilla and sugar in one bowl.
- In a separate bowl, blend flours, Baby Brain Organics, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Gradually add flour blend to the wet ingredients and stir until they are mixed…try not to overmix them.
- You can add raisins or other dried fruit at this time if you wish to.
- Spoon into muffin pan and bake at 350 degrees for 23-25 minutes…you will know they are done when toothpick comes our clean.
Until next time…stay healthy!