This is one of my favourite chicken recipes to make and I thought that Canada Day would be a great time to share it. It is festive and can be served in a variety of ways the day that you make it and as leftovers which is always nice on a holiday weekend.
Ingredients (serves 4-6 people)
4 Skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 cups of Bruschetta
1/3 cup Whole wheat or whole grain bread crumbs
1 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- Mix together bruschetta topping and bread crumbs in a bowl and set aside.
- Chop chicken breasts into bite size pieces and place into baking dish.
- Pour bruchetta/bread crumbs mixture over the chicken pieces ensuring that you cover the chicken well.
- Cover the chicken with foil and bake in the oven at 375 for 25-30 minutes. At that time, remove the foil and add crumbled feta on top. Then put the dish back into the oven (uncovered) for another 10-15 minutes.
NOTE: Ensure that the chicken is cooked through before removing from the oven to eat. All ovens are different and timing may vary. If you are using larger pieces of chicken, your cooking time may be longer.
- Serve hot with a vegetable and starch (quinoa, couscous, whole grain pasta, roasted potatoes, rice, etc.)
- Serve hot with lots of roasted veggies.
- Serve cold on a salad with Naan bread or pita on the side.
- Serve hot or cold on top of warmed Naan bread or small pizza crusts and add extra feta if you like. Serve this with cut up veggies or a salad.